12/18/07

Taco Soup Tuesday

So it's Tuesday and I thought I would post the basic taco soup recipe. Can you tell that I keep this one on my fridge at all times? Here is the recipe:
5 TBS Taco Soup Seasoning
1 15.25 ounce can whole kernel corn, undrained (undrained....how easy is that!)
1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups of water
1 15.5 ounce can of pinto beans, undrained
1 4 ounce can mild green chilies, undrained
(you can leave this out if you want, but
I notice a big difference in the flavor when I do this)
1 pound lean ground beef cooked and drained or 1 cup cooked shredded chicken,

Heat and serve! An easy one to keep in a freezer bag in the fridge and "scoop" into bowls for a quick lunch or dinner. Top with corn bread or tortilla chips and cheese.

Optional- watching sodium intake? Use low salt/no salt canned goods.

C.O.S.T. cooking tip: Leftovers are really great drained and put into tacos or served over tortilla chips. Or search my blog for the cornbread casserole recipe made with this soup. My husband loves that one!

I've never made Taco Soup without the Homemade Gourmet mix so if you ever
make it with basic taco seasoning from the grocery store let me know
how it comes out. I am curious to know how it taste.

1 comments:

  1. I love your magnets!! Isn't that the new super cool video game system!! Wow do you have one? You are so cool!! I so want one for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...