1/31/08

Ramblings about Stamping...

I have been cruising (when I should be in bed!) other blogs and seeing everyones BEAUTIFUL stamped cards from Splitcoast Stampers. I have realized a couple of things...mainly I have a lot of catching up to do! I am not a gifted paper crafter...but I am pretty wicked on the computer. I need to stamp more often so I can get better at it. I don't have a natural "eye" for such things. Did you know that in 2002 I went to my first Stampin Up party ever and signed up to be a demo right after that? I am sort of an all or nothing person and I love discounts. Once I learned about SU... It was like a whole new world was opened up to me. I had never heard of such a thing before. What's a stamping party?

As for the demo part... I wasn't really good at it and it didn't last too long. Cutting card stock is NOT my thing. After that short run, my stamps sat in a drawer for 4 years until I was reintroduced to Stampin Up last year. Even though I "scrapbook" (lately into digital scrappin) more than stamp cards, I would love to at least make Bday cards and Thank you cards this year and slowly get better at paper crafting. Here is a card I made for the FIRST SCS sketch challenge I have ever participated in (with the Flybaby group)

Be nice...I am new at this still! It's a bit crooked and I own hardly any embellishments so I did the best I could.

3 comments:

  1. Keep at it, the stamping mojo will come with practice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Rebekah said..keep it up...Rome wasn't built in a day and you probably didn't make a 5 course meal the first time you cooked and now you are published!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a fun card!! And......yeah.....Suzanne is right....look at you, a famous cook!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...