1/16/08

Weigh in Wednesdays

No I did not go to my Weight Watchers meeting, but I think I lost weight! I haven't been snacking too much with all that has been going on.

I have not gotten back to my normal blogging topics yet...of course that is due to the crazy week and 1/2 we just had. Things are slowly getting back to normal. Tim is getting his energy and strength back. I think he lost 20 pounds. Tomorrow we go to his post-op appointment and hopefully get the portable IV removed. The meds he is on make him pretty tired. I caught a cold (I call it kennel cough from being cooped up in the hospital) and have been coughing my head off. After dinner tonight (one benefit of a family emergency is all the yummy meals we get delivered from church!!) Tim went to rest and I looked at the dishes, Christmas decorations still up, unbathed kids, and messy house and wondered if someone could come in and take over for me so I can go sleep! I am exhausted. The kids have been high energy and refuse to sleep in their own beds. Serious melt downs if I even attempt to make them sleep in their beds. After they both screamed at the top of their lungs I gave in (again) and put them in my bed. The first night I was one happy mama cat with my little kittens snuggled up to me for the night. But after 2 nights of them moving around and fighting over who got to sleep closest to me, this mama cat is ready to send the little ones back to their room to sleep, but I lost that battle. Tim is still sleeping in a chair in the living room since his IV and stitches make it too uncomfortable for him to lie down in bed.

I am thankful for all the friends and family who have pitched in. From getting Josh to school, to babysitters for Jenna and of course all the home delivered meals...things are not so bad. I don't know what I would do without our wonderful church family. They have done so much for us.

We have a lot on our calendar these upcoming weeks and I pray that we can all be healthy and energized in the coming weeks. So off to watch American Idol. I hate listening to people sing on TV but the episodes with all the lame-o singers is amusing.

oops forgot to pack Josh's lunch or dry his uniform for tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Awww Gina..........it sure does take time to get back to anything resembling normal after what you all have been through!! Give yourself some time and your little ones will bounce back too!!! Take care of you as well......there's always so much work for the mama!! My kiddos and I also enjoy the A.I. tryouts episodes......and humor is always healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Gina..........it sure does take time to get back to anything resembling normal after what you all have been through!! Give yourself some time and your little ones will bounce back too!!! Take care of you as well......there's always so much work for the mama!! My kiddos and I also enjoy the A.I. tryouts episodes......and humor is always healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful Husband1/17/2008

    Gina, you are so amazing. Thank you for all that you have done for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Gina, I hope things settle back into as normal as possible soon. It is hard on everyone when a wrench is thrown into your schedule like it was.

    PS. Your hubby's comment is just too sweet. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...