6/24/08

Works for Me Wednesday




Seeing that my kids go through an entire case of juice boxes from Costco in a week (that's alot!) I was on the look out for an alternative. I found these at Target for about less than $2 They are great (unless you are anti plastic...but we hand wash and these have a #5 on the bottom so I think we are safe) because:

1) Environmentally friendly with less waste
2) Saves money...juice boxes cost more
3) I can more easily control how much juice my kids get (they can't sneak in the pantry or fridge and just help themselves as easily). My daughter will hide in a corner and sneak juice boxes from our Costco stash! So this is a way to make sure that doesn't happen! After they drink their "juice" I wash them and put ice water in them for the rest of the day.
4) I fill them up at night and they are all ready for the morning.
5) They are inexpensive and super easy to replace or buy more
6) They don't leak...not yet anyways!

The straw on these are pretty lame (and difficult to clean) so we don't use the straw. The kids just tip them over and drink them like a watter bottle. Since my youngest is 3 it works for me!

Get more ideas here at Works for Me Wednesday
hosted by Rocks in My Dryer.
Oh and if you are wondering about plastics and why they are bad there is info here....on this blog I found.
I have not looked into it all that much yet. Just don't make me give up my Diet Coke! I am not ready for that.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link :) I am going to have to go get some of these. Now that school is out we are going through juice boxes so quickly. I like the idea of refilling them with ice and water.

    From just glancing at your profile we seem to have a lot in common - I'm from San Diego, been married 10years, my husband and I both work with the youth at church, and we have 2 kids - 1 boy, 1 girl. Crazy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun idea. I've stopped buying drink boxes because my hubby was drinking them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have tried these in the past and I think I got a bad one-it leaked all over! We now use reusable water bottles for the kids and they love them too.

    What I love it that I can dilute the juice with water to save on money and sugar.

    Great WFMW!
    Aimeehttp://journalofamomma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. going to have to do this

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...