7/9/08

Works for Me Wednesday




I enjoy cooking but I also like to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible so that I have more time with my kids. These steamer bags really work for me! I used to buy these
because I wanted a quick side dish of veggies that I don't have to think about. I would just toss them in the microwave and that's it!!
but have found that I can use these
Glad steamer bags for much less and use my own fresh or frozen veggies. I just toss in the veggies and look at the chart on the bag to see how long they need to cook. I add a tsp or so of my favorite seasonings and the kids fight over the veggies now! These are GREAT! Super easy and that works for me.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Birdseye steamfresh bags! the veggies come out fresh, colorful and tasty. They are much better than the usual frozen veggies...Hey if you have to go frozen (especially in the Winter) why not have it super fast, easy & delicious! Great tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love, love, love these. I made the green beans last night and put italian dressing , just a little on them, stirred and yummy.
    I also make the green beans up and then open it just a little, put orange zest, and squeeze the juice from the one orange, whatever orange pieces that are left in the orange I scoop out of and add with a teaspoon of olive oil. Shake it around to coat and mix up. mirowave for about 1 min.
    Oh, my....yummy.

    Thanks for sharing.

    robin@heartofwisdom.com
    http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this tip Gina!! I have been wanting to try these for the longest time I have just never gotten around to it. I added you to my blogroll hope you don't mind. See you this friday at the Pink Pineapple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've debated buying these but you've got me sold! I have the hardest time getting my oldest to eat his veggies so I am willing to try anything. Going on my grocery list now!! Thanks Gina!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...