8/14/09

Fill my Freezer Friday


Stocking my freezer again FINALLY!

Summer fun at the Drive In with the kids! A plus of living in east county...the Santee Drive In!



Enjoying Youth Group Beach Trips


After slacking off for way too long....I finally restocked my freezer!
This past week I went grocery shopping with my coupons and club card and saved 47%
I came home and put together some meals for my freezer and we have not eaten out ALL WEEK!
Yeah for us. I even packed a dinner for youth group night (which is my biggest challenge for eating out temptation).

In the freezer:

-Taco Soup....A large bag all ready to heat up. Enough for 2 dinners
-Homestyle Spaghetti Sauce (thick and hearty!) enough for 2 dinners.
- Bag of Taco meat (all cooked and ready to defrost and use)
- A bag of banana bread muffins
- Bag of precooked and cut up into strips garlic basil Chicken Breasts.

In the fridge:
-Prepared and ready to use Chocolate Chip Cookie dough from scratch (we use our toaster oven and make just a few cookies at a time).
-Dill Sauce (inspired by Rock N Water...they make it the best!)
- Southwest Seasoned Whole Chicken (cooking in slow cooker for dinner TONIGHT).

Family update:
My new job at Shadow Mountain has been a perfect fit for our family. I am really enjoying the new job. Our house is in escrow and we can't wait to move out of our little temp apartment and have room for a real dining room table to eat at. We've been eating on TV trays all summer.
Tim has reported back to school this week and school starts back up on Monday for Josh and the week after for Jenna. She will attend Shadow Mountain Preschool 4 days a week.
Tim's dad has been diagnosed with stomach cancer and is in surgery at Stanford Medical center today. So prayers for the doctors to be able to remove it and for it not to be spread.

and I haven't scrapbooked in forever and am going through withdrawals. Any cool El Cajon lss and scrappers want to rescue me? All my stuff is in storage until we move.... )-; So I need to wait a few more weeks.

1 comments:

  1. Shadow Mountain wilderness treatment center provides sober living and teen rehab at our wilderness therapy program.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...