10/5/09

Menu Plan Monday



After looking through my Rachel Ray cookbook I came once again to the conclusion that even her meals take me too long. I even cut the Rachel Ray Express Meals shopping list out and took it with me to the grocery store today. After looking at the pantry "must haves" I didn't want to spend the money stocking up my pantry with seasonings, canned goods and all the things on that list. I went back to my faithful Homemade Gourmet Pantry Staples. Homemade Gourmet is much more simple, and super quick. Yes faster than Rachel Ray!
All my Homemade Gourmet recipes have just a few ingredients (that I usually have anyways!) and are a breeze to throw together. Keep in mind if you are a frugal 'cook from scratch' kind of women, than HG is not for you. Homemade Gourmet is not the cheapest, thriftiest way to meal plan but it saves ME a TON of money because we eat out less, our meals are stretched further and I save tons of TIME. I went to Costco to pick up some seasonings too and after reading the "MSG" in most of them, I AGAIN came home to my MSG free Homemade Gourmet. With 8 meals in the freezer and many more on deck I am back in my groove!

We are in our new house and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new kitchen. The new kitchen has helped me so much in my meal planning.


Here is what's on the menu in our house this week:

My Simple Shopping List Shopping List (Put together in a snap HERE)


Ingredient(s)
1 Homemade Gourmet White Chicken Chili Mix
13-1/2 Cupswater
1 poundcooked chicken, cubed
1 cupsour cream
1/2 cupwhipping cream (or substitute ¼ cup water for low-fat optional)
3 poundsboneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cupsoy sauce
1/4 cupworcestershire sauce
2 tablespoonsolive oil
3 tablespoonsHomemade Gourmet® Southwest Seasoning
1 Homemade Gourmet Beef and Barley Stew Mix with seasoning packet
1-1/2 poundsstew meat
3 poundsboneless, skinless chicken Breasts
2 tablespoonsHomemade Gourmet Garlic Basil Seasoning
1 14.5-ouncecan diced tomatoes
1 gallon sized zip top freezer bag
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3 pounds)
2 tablespoonsHomemade Gourmet Southwest Seasoning
1 10-ouncecan diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 Homemade Gourmet® Italian Mozzarella Meatloaf Mix
1-1/2 poundsboneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
1 stickbutter or margarine, melted
1/3 cupgrated Parmesan Cheese
1 Homemade Gourmet Tortilla Soup Mix
1 14.5 ounce candiced tomatoes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...