11/16/09

COST cooking...cook once serve twice



Last night for dinner I was feeling lazy so I looked in the freezer and found chicken tenders and some leftover rice in the fridge. Here is how I COST cooked with it (cook once serve twice).

Chicken Enchilada Soup
7 tablespoons Homemade Gourmet® Chicken Enchilada Seasoning (or 1 mix)
1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 cup milk
4 cups water
1 12.5-ounce 1 cup (or more!) cooked chicken, shredded(optional)
(I add 1 cup cooked rice)

I added the leftover rice and warmed the soup on the stove and served topped with shredded cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream. It was super delicious.

A fast and easy meal that took less than 10 minutes from start to finish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...