4/13/10

The essentials of youth ministry

Mondays are my day off and thus Tuesdays mark the start of my work week. A whirlwind of getting lunches packed, kids dressed and out the door to school, homework, baseball, work, campus ministry, student ministry, making dinner, bath times, bedtimes,  and so much more in between. My little treat to get me up and out the door on a Tuesday is a stop at my local Starbucks on the way in to the office. "Grande drip bold roast coffee with room for cream please." I savor it for a few moments as I update my facebook in the parking lot. Then I head to the office. Between that and the Tylenol in the background, I am good to go! At least for the morning. Today I got the call, the one from the kids school informing me that my daughter looked pale, feverish and needed me to pick her up. A few minutes later they called and said "you might want to bring her a change of clothes, she just threw up." I  apologized for the early exit and took my laptop home to finish some of the tasks of the day. Thankfully there was no campus club today and I didn't have to run around trying to figure out how to be in two places at one time. Being both mom and youthworker can be a challenge, but a worthy one. I love both. Ok, I love being a mom just a bit more. On the way home I called my husband and gave him the scoop. So today he takes our son to baseball and I stay home with the sick 5 year old. We are a team and I couldn't do it without him. He is my "helpmate" and the one who makes my life work, even when it seems like it isn't working at all. The real essentials of youth ministry? Other than the obvious "Jesus" answer...? Well today it is Starbucks, Tylenol, and being married to a teacher!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...