12/24/10

Two Tips for Quick and EASY dinners.

Need some tips for EASY dinners? Here are two of my favorite cooking rules. These tips are great especially if you are busy, lazy, tired, and frequently struggle with cooking for your family. 

1) ALWAYS (I mean that!) have cooked ground beef in your freezer. I store mine in ziplock freezer bags. The only exception would be if you are a vegetarian, then ignore this helpful tip.

2) Make two! Yup. You have all the stuff out already. Why not make two? Eat one now and freeze one for later.

Following these two rules made my dinner tonight a SUCCESS!!! Yes, tonight I made not just one but TWO totally unhealthy but amazingly delicious Tater-tot casserole dinners. I have never ever made it before but since I had all the necessary ingredients on hand... I gave it a shot (x2).  Here is how I made this yummy dish that had my kids and husband begging for seconds and as Jenna put it, "Mom we have to have this EVERY night please."  A dinner time triumph. Two thumbs up from the entire family.


Tater Tot Casserole Recipe 
1) I took out the (already  cooked) ground beef  from the freezer downstairs. Truth be told, I asked my husband to find it in the freezer for me and he did.
2) I spread the meat on to the bottom of two small casserole dishes.
3) Third I spread a can of lowfat cream of mushroom soup onto each casserole (slathered it over the meat).
4) I added a half of a bag of OO La La Onion Soup mix from Homemade Gourmet (I am sure any onion soup mix would do)
5) Next added 1/4 cup of milk to each casserole and mixed it into the soup and beef mixture.
6) Finally...top generously with Tater Tots.

Cook at 350 uncovered for about 45-50 minutes (or until hot all the way through and Tater Tots are nice and golden).

1 comments:

  1. We keep cooked ground beef in the freezer too! I also tend to keep chopped onions in the freezer.

    (One of my all time top posts: http://pragmaticcompendium.wordpress.com/2008/04/22/5-minute-onions-in-a-flash-freeze/)

    Thanks for reminding me to make two! I don't do it nearly as often as I could.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...