1/17/11

What's for dinner Mom? Menu Plan Mondays


For My Menu Plan I use the 60/40 rule for now (40 percent traditional ingredients and 60 percent organic) My Homemade Gourmet Mixes are not Organic, but they allow me to (QUICKLY!) add organic/free range fresh ingredients to complete my meal assembly process. I always begin here for a free menu planner and look for recipes that correspond with whatever is on sale in the meat department or using whatever I already have from Trader Joe's.  After I assemble a menu for the week, I click on "view shopping list" to get a printout to take to the store. I have a complete grocery list within minutes. I have a pretty full pantry of Homemade Gourmet mixes that are my meal "starters." If I don't have a mix, I simply order them online and they arrive fairly quickly.

This week's Menu:
Garlic Lemon Marinade with Chicken (save leftover Chicken for soup)
Beef and Tots Casserole
Chicken Noodle Soup
Caribbean Round Steak
KC BBQ Pork or Chicken
Cilantro Citrus Chicken
Broccoli Beef w/eggrolls and brown rice (already in the freezer!)


Shopping List:

Ingredient(s)
1 pound ground beef
1/3 cup chopped onion (more or less depending on preference)
1 10.75-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
2 cups frozen vegetables
frozen tater tots (enough for 1 layer)
2 tablespoons Homemade Gourmet Sunday Roast Mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
1 Homemade Gourmet Chicken Noodle Soup Mix
7-1/4 cups water
2 cups diced, cooked chicken breast
1 15.5–ounce can low salt diced tomatoes
3 pounds beef round steak
1 Homemade Gourmet® Creamy Caribbean Cheese Ball Mix
2 gallon zipper freezer bag
3-1/2 tablespoons Homemade Gourmet® Kansas City Rub
3 pounds chicken breasts or pork chops
1 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast (3 pounds)
4 tablespoons Homemade Gourmet® Homemade Gourmet Cilantro Citrus Seasoning
1 32-ounce can pineapple chunks, undrained
2 tablespoons honey
1 Homemade Gouremt Garlic Lemon Marinade Mix
2 tablespoons butter/margarine, melted
3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast

1 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...