7/16/11

Easy Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken

I got a 5 pound whole chicken on sale at Vons for $8. It's been waiting to be cooked. Well in about 2 minutes flat I have a dinner in my slow cooker for tonight! Homemade Gourmet (my favorite company to help me with meal prep) has merged with Tastefully Simple. So more Tastefully Simple recipes for a freezer full of meals will be coming soon to my blog.

For an easy to prepare meal using the Garlic Garlic seasoning from Tastefully Simple...Here is what I did:

Put in slow cooker:
1 whole chicken ($8)
2 tablespoons of olive oil spread over chicken skin (about .10 cents per tablespoon)
2 tablespoons of Garlic Garlic seasoning from Tastefully Simple (.79cents)
1/2 cup beer  (.50 cents)

Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
 We will be serving it with 2 cans of green beans (1.00) and Tastefully Simple's Beer Bread ($4.83) + can of beer ($1) 

Here is the meal cost for feeding 6 people: $17.31 which is only $2.85 a person and less than McDonalds or any other restaurant for that matter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...