1/16/12

Menu Plan for the week

 It's Menu Planning time! When I make my menus, I usually have so much *extra* (as in strategically planned leftovers) that I often don't need another "meal plan" for an extra week or so. Especially with church activities and other unexpected nights out of the house for work or for fun.  How oh how do I meal plan? It's a question I get asked a lot. First, I look to see what I already have on hand. I have all these:
     Since I am one busy mama, I buy these kitchen tested and super delicious mixes often and I have quite the cupboard full. You can get them here. Everything we've tried my family loves and meal prep is quick and simple. This may not work for you, but it has done wonders for me. I can take the instruction labels from the mixes and head to the grocery store. A quick and easy grocery list. Or I go HERE to pick a menu and I can add any recipe I like to a menu and print out the shopping list right there. I used the "Say MMM" app on Evernote to copy and paste the list to my Evernote account for a shopping list that stays live and syncs with my phone, ipad, and computer. These are 2 great apps to check out for menu planning, to-do lists, etc... Let me know how you like them, or if you have other "techy" ways to meal plan and make grocery lists. 


Menu:  
Grocery List for menu plan Jan 16 (Created on Evernote with Say MMM integration).

Bread & Grains
Flour tortillas [6 large]
Pasta

Cans & Jars
Can stewed tomatoes (1 1 15 ounce) [1 can]
Can tomato sauce (8 ounce) [1 can]
Diced tomatoes [1 1 15 ounce]
Green olives [1 oz.]
Low sodium cream of mushroom soup (1 10.75 ounce) [1 can]

Dairy
Egg
Shredded Parmesan cheese [1 oz.]
Shredded cheddar cheese [1 oz.]
Shredded mozzarella cheese [8 oz.]
Sour cream
Sour cream

Frozen
Mixed vegetables [6 oz.]

Fruits & Veggies
Bell pepper
Fresh broccoli
Green bell pepper [1 '' 1 medium]
Jalapenos
Lettuce [19 oz.]
White onion [1/2 medium]

Meat & Seafood
Beef stew meat [1-1/2 pounds]
Boneless, skinless chicken [1-1/2 pounds]
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (. 3 pounds) [6]
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts [1-1/2 pounds]
Sirloin steak [1-1/2 pounds]
Sirloin steak [1-1/2 pounds]

Sauces & Condiments
Guacamole

Check if you need:
Canola oil [2 oz.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...