11/23/12

Digital Scrapbooking on a Chromebook

     I am SOOOO thankful for a few days off for Thanksgiving break with my family! Nothing is better than waking up to a house full of kids and having NOTHING on the schedule to do. My husband looked at me on Thanksgiving and told me how happy he is to have kids in the house. We were listening to them play together and our hearts bubbled over with joy. We can't imagine how bored, and self focused our life would be without our 3 sweeties. Without kids I would probably get carried away with too much Netflix and sofa time.  Instead, I daily learn what it means to serve and keep serving, even when I don't feel like it. I am so thankful to God for the family my husband and I have created together. We've been having a blast being lazy and playing Risk for days! Our kitchen table has been taken over by serious game play!
Thanksgiving fun! Risk day 3 begins tomorrow! 

     One of my favorite things to do with some down time is to use my computer for some scrapbooking. In a quest to simplify my life, I've moved to cloud-based computing. With my snazzy new Samsung Chromebook, I've started using my Google Drive A-LOT and love Google Drive for creating my documents and presentations. One thing I've been working towards, is de-cluttering gobs of my crafting supplies and pursuing digital scrapbooking much more often instead. In the past I've purchased and used both Storybook Creator from Creative Memories as well as My Digital Studio from Stampin Up. Both are software based programs, meaning they don't live in the cloud and not Chromebook friendly.

Want to Digital Scrapbook on a Chromebook? Here are my 4 top picks for right now. 
A Snapfish Digital Scrapbook (click on picture for a closer look)
1) Snapfish- Affordable and Easy to Use. It is a guaranteed winner. Not as "scrappy" as you might be used to if you are a regular digi scrapbooker. See above for my latest Snapfish photo book. 

2) Shutterfly -I am really excited to try the Becky Higgins Project Life digital scrapbooks from Shutterfly. 

3) Studio J from Close to My Heart- Exactly the kind of web based scrapbooking program I've been lookinf for! The only thing I don't like is that it only does 12x12. I never scrapbook 12x12 pages. At least not in this decade! I hate big bulky books that do not fit on my bookshelf. But the program is super scrappy and fun to use. A little costly at $6.95 a 2 page layout.
Close to My Heart Studio J Scrapbook (click on picture for a closer look)

A fun Picmonkey 5x7 Lay-Out I Made With Some Fun Add-Ons. 
4.) Picmonkey. I have not quite mastered Pickmonkey for the purpose of scrapbooking, but we use it ALL THE TIME for snazzy youth group flyers. I love Picmonkey and have been playing around with it for Scrapbooking.

     On Wednesday as I headed out to work (with the rest of the family home on break) I gave my 7 year old daughter a blank scrapbook with matching paper, stickers, and a stack of pictures so she could have a fun project to work on while I was away.  Just like her momma, she loves scrappin the day away. She made a sweet gratitude journal of all she is thankful for.
What I am Thankful For! 

Scrapbooking Just like Mom!

Aww...Thankful for her brother!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...