12/14/12

Avoiding Sticky Situations, Youth Room Fires, and Flu germs



 
     My little girl was born sucking her finger. She even had a hickey on her wrist at birth.  A strong suck reflex. A habit I am desperately trying to help her get rid of. Any ideas for that? The amount of germs she comes in contact with and the straight path they have to her mouth has made for one too many sick days. After a trip to Disneyland for her 4th Birthday, Jenna, my little finger sucker was hospitalized with the flu. It was pretty scary. Not a fun way to celebrate a birthday. After that, we started taking Wet Ones Antibacterial Wet Wipes to Disneyland with us so we can help keep those fingers and surfaces clean! The flu is one souvenir we do not want to lug home from the happiest place on earth.  Baby wipes are great for diaper changes and I certainly buy my fair share of those, but Wet Ones are essential for us to have on hand. They not only clean, but also kill 99.9% of germs. Whenever I am at Target, which is usually a little too often, I make sure to throw Wet Ones into my cart and we use them A LOT!
     My daughter (the finger sucker) is also notorious for coming home from school with a messy face. If she had an Oreo or a pudding cup in her lunch bag,  I can pretty much guarantee that it will still be on her face come carpool time.  In an effort to help my now 7 year old (who still sucks her finger!) come home with less food on her face from school, I put a pack of Wet Ones and a little mirror in her pink Minnie Mouse backpack. I bribe her with mom bucks. If she comes home with a clean face, she earns herself a mom buck. Mom bucks are redeemable for Slurpees, Starbucks hot chocolate, and treats from the check out line at the grocery store.  She was starting to earn a nickname as "Pig Pen" from Peanuts, so a Wet One's intervention was necessary! 
     Another way I avoid sticky situations (and germs) is by keeping Wet Ones in our car’s cup holder so the kids can clean up before (and after) eating in the car. They fit perfectly in the cup holder, unlike a tub of baby wipes.  As a youth worker, giving high fives and handshakes to tons of students and parents each week, I make sure to keep these antibacterial wipes in my purse and youth room as well. Especially this time of year with cold and flu germs lingering everywhere. Maybe I am a little germ-a-phobic too. Youth group boys tend to play around with liquid hand sanitizer (boys+flammable hand sanitizer+lighters=bad idea) so I avoid keeping that around! Hand sanitizer was banned at the school where my hubby teaches, so they use Wet Ones there too. Wipes are much safer and my baby isn't going to pull it out of the diaper bag and start chugging it down either. 
     How do you keep yourself and your kiddos clean and germ free? Especially if you have a finger or thumb sucker? Wet Ones has launched a Sticky Situations Facebook contest asking moms to share their best helpful and creative tips on how to get out of a ‘sticky situation.’ I made sure to enter! There are some great prizes to be won, including an IPad mini! Simply log on and share your story and tips, and you can be entered to win an IPad Mini or Six Flags Tickets! I just entered, it doesn’t take long at all, here’s the link to enter: https://www.facebook.com/momcentral/app_248884015238315

These are my own personal opinions of this product. I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Wet Ones. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...