4/24/13

Zombies in the barn?

Zombies! 

     Maybe we watch too much tv. Ok, never mind, I KNOW we watch too much tv. I was speaking at a camp in Ohio earlier this month and everywhere my husband and I went we looked at each other, giggled like middle schoolers and thought "Zombies." Zombies in the dead looking woods behind us. Zombies in the creepy dilapidated red barn.  I like Zombies. I like dead things. Weird? Watching too much of The Following too? Nope. I like dead because it's one breath of grace away from life. It's creepy looking dead trees just a few days away from spring.  It's a life of sin being given a new start by the clean slate of grace. I dig dead, because God breathes life and hope and creates a new story. A new beginning. A spring of grace after a winter of sorrow. I like Zombies, because they remind me of the walking dead in us all and the new life offered to us through Jesus. Zombies are cool, because I was one once. Kind of like one anyways. What a gift to see God do cool stuff with the dead stuff. He makes beauty out of our disasters.  He lets us begin again. And again.

My husband Tim and I exploring some Ohio scenery and making our way towards some scary looking dead trees.  We discovered only us southern California people understand the creepiness of nothing but dead looking trees. Cue zombies or missing persons being hidden by a serial killer.
Apparently Ohio peeps don't get the scary setting of this pic (see below). 



My favorite verse which makes me think of Zombies and having been dead in sin and now alive in Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:20-22

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...