6/23/13

Dishes. I hate doing Dishes.

I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Cascade. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating. All opinions are my own. 




















Occasionally as a full time woman in youth ministry, I get asked, "So how DO you do it ALL?" I usually laugh and say "I don't." It's been a week of VBS, guest preaching, going to the beach with high schoolers, going to a water park with middle schoolers, a girl scout beach BBQ, and LOTS of end of school activities, ballet recital practice (for my 8 year old), and a Padre game (courtesy of my 11 year old winning an essay contest).  All crammed into one week. What my co-worker and friend titled, "A perfect storm." I was a little worried (ok a lot worried!) at the lack of margin in my week and what might happen. Something like the flu could have hit and I would have been in big trouble. There was no plan B! Thankfully it all turned out just fine. Crazy week over. I might hide at home for a few days to recover, before heading to summer camp next week to hang out with some high schoolers.

My kids (and husband) finished up school on Thursday and are FINALLY off for the summer! One thing I am really (like ALOT!) behind on this week would be DISHES!!!! No time for non-essentials! Because he was feeling sorry for me and needing a clean spoon and bowl for his morning cereal my husband ran a load of dishes in the dishwasher.  He helps me a TON at home (my secret weapon for how I do it all...he does a lot!) Running to Target for paper plates and disposable forks (which I have totally done before!!) would have been the alternative.


As a Mom Central blogger I received a free pack of Cascade Platinum in the mail to test out.  My husband immediately noticed the difference. He has been complaining for a couple of weeks about the residue left on our dishes from the trendy environmentally friendly dishwasher detergent I had been using. So after trying out the Cascade Platinum, he was swooning a bit and asked me to "please keep buying this kind!" I am a little smitten with this stuff too!  I've never seen our drinking glasses so clear and sparkly clean! Especially with our hard "city water" that wreaks havoc on our dishes and dishwasher with calcium deposits. Our dishwasher actually looks cleaner on the inside too. Totally buying it from now on. Hey, if dishwasher detergent gets my husband happy to do the dishes and gets his attention, it's so going on my grocery list. Even if it costs a few pennies more than what I had been using before. Absolutely worth it.

Speaking of clean dishes, I have a lot of friends who love taking pictures of food (and some who do not!) and posting their pictures on Instagram. If you want to plate your food on sparkly clean dishes, Try Cascade Platinum! Cascade has partnered with Top Chef judge Gail Simmons to talk about how presentation (on sparkly clean dishes!) matters just as much as the food. If you like to take picts of food and have fun with plating, check out this Instagram contest from Cascade for a chance to win a new dishwasher or a $10,000 KitchenAid Kitchen make-over. Check it out. I entered! I would love some KitchenAid and some time to catch up on housework.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...