9/12/13

So Where are You Now?




Sometimes you know change is in the air. 
You can smell it. 
You can feel it coming. 

In January of 2013 I had a sense a big change would soon be arriving. Not like having a new baby or dumping my husband or a mid life crisis. Something more soulful and life-giving than that. With a yellow #2 pencil in my hand, on a weekday in early January,  I flipped my brand spankin new wall calendar to October 2013.

I took a deep breath and jotted one simple question on the side margin of my wall calendar. I wrote this: 

“Where are you now?” 

Knowing the likelihood of my life looking much different in October. God's spirit prompting me to live into a coming reality of change. Of possibility. 

And guess what? A new reality, a new beginning, a new season of life has arrived. A cross country adventure is unfolding with many more opportunities to thrive, grow, and lead as a Middle School Pastor and as a female in youth ministry. 

With the arrival of October, so comes the arrival of many dreams coming to fruition in my life. Dreams which would have never unfolded had I stayed silent, comfortable, and ok with business as usual. Never questioning anything or being courageous enough to step out in faith into the pastoral role I was created for.

October will soon be here and with it comes more than I ever thought possible. Joining God in something I didn't even have on my radar screen 9 months ago. Moving. Leaving friends. Leaving family. Starting a new ministry. A new life. A new state to call home. Sadness and loss over relocating, but great joy in the journey of following God. 

Life is not boring when we join God in what He is doing. When we participate in the better life he has for us right now. Unafraid to move forward in faith and hope. To give our lives, and in so giving, we get it back. Even more so.

Trusting and ready to ask....months before it ever happens "So where are you now?"





2 Corinthians 9:8

New International Version (NIV)
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

1 comments:

  1. Lucia Faulkner9/12/2013

    Very well said, it is always and adventure when you follow God!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...