8/25/14

A book...how it came to be





Most of you who know me, probably know I've been working on this blog for awhile. I've been on a reflective journey of learning to live confidently and unashamedly into my pastoral calling. Sharing bits and pieces of what it looks like to be A Woman in Youth Ministry. Being in ministry full time with 3 kids, a husband, a home, friends, family and sharing all the in's and out's of stepping into all God's called me to. One day this all transpired into a book. Many people ask how that happened. "How did you get to write a book?" 

First off, when I looked around for books and blogs about being a female in youth ministry, there wasn't much out there. I can find a lot more blogs now a days written by women in youth ministry, but years ago, it was pretty much only me. Secondly, as far as books go on being a woman in youth ministry, there was only one and it was published in 2004. That was forever ago. 

With a little bit of being in the right place at the right time, combined with a few gracious people who really do believe in affirming women in youth ministry as equals, it happened...A book! You can read more about it here. Thanks Youth Cartel for Instigating A Revolution in Youth Ministry. 

And I am Colombian. So I dig coffee and Cartels...the GOOD kind. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...