10/31/14

The Stitch Fixed Student Pastor


One of my co-workers at church subscribed to this personal styling service called Stitch Fix.  She got me hooked. Have you heard of it? Stitch Fix is an expert styling service that is truly personalized for you.  I even got some things from my Pinterest board sent to me. You simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and stylists handpick a selection of five clothing items and accessories unique to YOU. 

How does it work?

1. Fill out your Style Profile
Begin by filling out the Style Profile. This helps them understand your size, style, shape, budget and lifestyle. I loved doing this part.

2. Pick the date you’d like to receive your shipment [like around pay day!]
They send you a selection of five clothing items and accessories handpicked by personal stylists on the date you choose. You will be charged a $20 styling fee but it will be applied as a credit toward anything you keep from your shipment.

3. Try everything on in the comfort of your home or office. I like getting mine shipped to work. Lunch break fashion show anyone?  They encourage you to try on everything your personal stylist picked for you because you just never know what will look great on! Create new outfits by pairing what’s in your shipment with the items that are already in your closet. I love how my new "fixes" compliment my previous "fix" too.

4. Buy what you like and return the rest. So easy.  Simply return the items you don't want in a pre-paid mailing bag and drop it at any USPS mailbox. Stitch Fix has free shipping both ways as a benefit of using the service.

disclaimer: I pulled most of the above info from the Stitch Fix FAQ page and added some comments.

Curious to know what I got in my first box? Here is what came in my first shipment w/ prices [below] 
Keep in mind 1) you get a 25% discount if you buy everything and your $20 styling fee back w/ your purchase 2) This is a premium customized service w/ Nordstrom nice type of clothing lines. It isn't
Target or Old Navy stuff.  3) To stay in budget and still update your wardrobe, send back what you can't afford. 4) One nice new addition to your wardrobe is better than none, so don't be shy on sending items back so you have money for things like...groceries. 



Haldis Roll-Tab Henley Blouse
$58.00




Adora Ankle Length Colored Skinny Jean
$48.00



I love a lot of things about this "Fix"  First, I get a personal note from my Stylist w/ Styling cards on how to best wear the items I got, and what they look with.  I have ZERO fashion sense, so this really helps. 


Shasta Striped Knit Infinity Scarf$34.00



Evie Draw String Funnel Neck Sweatshirt 
$64.00




Shaina Eyelet Detail Knit Shirt
$58.00




25% Discount: –$60.50
Styling Fee: –$20.00
Your Total:$181.50
I never ever spend this much on clothes, but decided to splurge to update my much neglected wardrobe.  And not having to haul myself to the mall w/ 3 kids is a huge WIN.  Next time I doubt I can buy a whole box.  Wanna give it a try?
Check it out here https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4126873 and I get referral credit if you sign up, which is a huge blessing!  Referrals = $25 in credit when your friend's first Fix ships. yippee. 

1 comments:

  1. for you



    http://fragrantbreeze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Join the conversation by adding a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...